Sunday, February 9, 2014

Time... Sometimes we think we have enough before we have to do something or finish something. Then unexpected circumstances arise such as car trouble, friends in need, family in need... all three of those happened to me this weekend. After pulling an all nighter at a friends playing Monopoly and watching movies, I leave to go home and sleep and get a call from a friend who was having car trouble. His fuel pump goes out and he needs help with it. I of course say yes, because I'm such a great effing friend and what was supposed to be a few hours to complete turned into 13 grueling hours of hell... having been awake since 8:30 friday morning until 2:00 am sunday morning, I was ready to fall over and sleep where ever I was at the time. We had been under two different Chevy Blazers the whole time working on the fuel pump, covered from head to toe in dirt, grease, and gas, we were both ready to get out of the cold and go to sleep finally. Me most of all. After hooking up the other fuel pump, I had him turn the key to test it and..... NOTHING!! After backtracking the set up for the fuel pump, I found out it was only a loose wire to his fuel pump relay. I pulled out the relay, re inserted the wire then plugged the relay back in and BLAMO, it was working. As far as I knew, the tow truck driver had already checked it the night before, but I was totally wrong. Never again will I take someone else's word for it and leave it alone. I will always check the fuse or relay myself, just in case it is only going to be that one issue... not a 13 hour issue, just a quick 5 minute ordeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment