Monday, February 3, 2014

Upgrade on looks

Upgrading the looks of my bike. I have an 07 Shadow Aero. I want to paint it something different, I think I'll go with gloss black and matte black 2-tone. All I have to paint is the tank, front and rear fenders. The front fender busted when I was ran off the road, but I found new ones. I have some ideas for LED lighting, my last bike was a street bike and I went green and black paint with green LEDs on the tail sides and front with green strobes in the headlights. I think this time I'm going with purple LEDs all around. I think it will mesh with the black and chrome amazingly.I already did the green, so it's time for a change up on this one. I can get 16 feet on LED strips for $10 and cut them to size and solder the wires myself. Much cheaper then paying $30 for 2 feet of pre-wired lights. Maybe add in a stereo system. Right now I just listen to my phone with some head phones on, but the waterproof speakers would work great and I found them pretty cheap with a control box to plug my phone into. Thinking about raising the bars from 2 inches to 6 inches, possible just to a 5. My favorite thing is to ride. I love taking a sharp corner and banking it so hard my pegs hit the ground, fold in and drag through the whole turn. It gets the blood rushing. There's a ride in Tennessee thats 11 miles and has around 300 sharp turns. There have been quite a few accidents and deaths but it would be an amazing ride. I have a buddy that rides a 1200 that wants to take the ride with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment